Sunday, March 11, 2007

More about diving

My new love deserves some more time and effort. So I took a scuba diving course in Koh Tao Thailand and it was great. I'm a certificated open water diver diver now. Cool. Our group was nice and the instructor, Jack, was excellent. Good combination of stupid jokes and proffessionalism. Plus he has taught over 5000 people how to dive.

If you know me, you might guess that this wasn't easy for me. I am what they call, well, chicken shit. Basically scared of everything and that is because I hurt myself everywhere it is possible. And it wasn't easy for me this either. Or let say it was a bit more challenging for me than for most of the people in our group. But I wasn't that bad. Just needed some special attention from Jack. Finally I made him proud by finally getting right stuff everybody else was capable of doing the day before. Seriously, diving is easy. Anybody can do it, if I can.

If you have read this blog before you might remember that I have mentioned being a big water person. I guess everybody has an element they are most comfortable with. (That might be New age crap, though.) Of course, that made diving fun for me. Or maybe it was just the nitrogen. There are fish too. Anyways, I couldn't stop smiling after a dive. You just feel so fucking serene.

Now I'm back in Bangkok and doing my other favourite activity, shopping. And eating. Verna, Ella, teidan uni saattaa toetua siis...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitä jännitystä... Who knows, ehkä sä olet jo Suomessa ja et ole vaan kertonu kellekään.
?
No, toivotaan että pian tavataan. Mulla on sua niin suuri ikävä. Tehään paljon hyvää ruokaa ja juodaan juomaa. Ja sitten saat kertoa kaiken.
Pusuja.
Heli

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Hei Kaunis! Onpas täällä nyt jännitystä ilmassa ;) Love.

Vera Yin said...

hiya mirja, you made it to burma! and hong kong! and macau! and you're diving now! i'm so jealous :p

of course, can't complain much. south america is a lot of fun. spent a whopping month and a half in peru, learned a fair amount of spanish and portuguese, bussing to chile tomorrow. cheers and hugs!