Friday, January 05, 2007

This time I'll take it slow



Few pics from the lovely Don Det


Few pics from Buddha park

So. Again I GOT MY CAMERA AND MY CELL PHONE STOLEN. I was kind of stupid with my stuff so this was very predictable. But good things always come from bad things. As a result of my extra day in Stung Treng I met two nice girls, Fransis and Carina, went to the peaceful river island of Don Det with them. We stayed next to a Reggae bar, where was the only party on the island for New years. We mainly ended up watching the fun from distance of our bungalow balcony.

My birthday was great. The girls, nicest Canadian couple ever and I decided to celebrate on the second, 'cause we were all together. Of course, being in Laos, you have to celebrate with a happy cake. On the menu it said it's feeds 4 people. Eventually there was six of us and I can say everybody had enough cake. There was even some left for the next day. It was fun.

Whole Don det thing was cool. Nice, quite, good food, interesting people. I even got to meet the legendary Grant, the Scottish crazy man. It was also extremely beautiful and I though it was a shame I can't show you pictures. But my personal travel agent, Francis lended me her extra camera for the rest of my trip, so I guess I will get some pictures on line at some point.

This morning me and Francis arrived to Vientiane. All the legends are true. Scandinavian bakery is great, the traffic is humane and the National history museum was hilarious. And bus ride was luxury.

By the way, you metal fans. Check out the link to Tuska-festival. The rest of you, check out what the youth of Helsinki looks like on Hel looks.

5 comments:

Maija&Heli said...

Lähetinkin sulle hyvän onnittelun syntymäpäiväviestin kännykällä. Mutta ilmesisesti sitä et tule saamaan, eli näin jälkikäteen hyvää kahtakymppiä.

Muriel said...

21 sentaan jo.....

Anonymous said...

Hei beibe.

Mahtavaa syntymapaivaa Riosta. Vetta sataa sadatta paivaa putkeen, voisin mielellani tehda vaikka pikku visiitin aurinkoiseen Laosiin. Hyva etta sait maistuvaa synttarikakkua. Sitahan siella riittaa..

Maija&Heli said...

niin, tarkotin että hyvää kahtakymppiä puoliskona. mutta jokatapauksessa onnittelut.

Anonymous said...

Joo ei toimi cell phone -kommunikointi.

Eli siis tässä ja nyt: hyvää syndeä! On rankkaa olla 22, kuten minäkin olen huomannut!


Ud's sa'ee = God save you


(olen viimeaikoina erikoistunut elisabetinajan puhuttuun egnlantiin).


Ali Bab a